BCMD Scholarship Guide March 2022
Royal Canadian Sea Cadet Education
Royal Canadian Sea Cadet Education Scholarship
Quadra Education Foundation
Quadra Education Foundation has up to 10 different scholarships/bursaries in various amounts ranging from $500 - $1000.
These scholarships/bursaries are available for those cadets and officers who have served 2 years (not consecutive) at HMCS QUADRA and meet the requirements.
If you have anyone interested in applying for this money please have them look online at https://quadraeducationfoundation.weebly.com and click on Applications and follow those directions.
Karen Furstrand Scholorship 2022
Deadline for applications is 5 March 2022
There are many hard-working, accomplished Chiefs and POs out there heading off to post-secondary, please encourage them to apply for this scholarship. This is only open to Lower Mainland area Sea Cadets, and only a handful of Cadets apply each year, so the odds of being selected for this scholarship are very good, please encourage your Cadets to apply! The criteria are not simply based on Cadet experiences, there is a lot of consideration is given to other criteria such as extra-circular activities, volunteering, educational and career goals, so any Cadet heading to or in their first year of post-secondary education should be encouraged to apply!
- The Karen Furstrand Scholarship is awarded annually to a deserving Lower Mainland Sea Cadet who is applying for or is already attending post-secondary education.
- The Scholarship amount is $1000, which will be paid directly to the Cadet’s chosen post-secondary institution.
- The scholarship is only open to Sea Cadets who currently attend one of the Lower Mainland Sea Cadet units, or to someone who has aged out from one of the Lower Mainland Sea Cadet units within this training year.
- Previous scholarship applicants may re-apply if they were not successful on their previous application and still meet eligibility requirements.
- Note that of the two reference letters requested, it is requested that one letter be from the CO or XO of your Cadet Corps.
- Please encourage your Cadets to follow all instructions carefully and supply all information requested. We have seen very good applicants have to be discarded or lose points because they did not supply all requested information.
- The scholarship is a memorial to Karen Furstrand, a former Sea Cadet of 195 RCSCC BICKNELL, who was killed in a car accident in May 2005. The scholarship was set up later that year, and has provided a bursary each year to an outstanding Lower Mainland Sea Cadet.
The preference is for e-mail submission to:
Please ensure all supporting documentation, reference letters, transcripts and scans/pictures are attached. Electronic senders will receive a reply to acknowledge receipt.
Deadline for applications is 5 March 2022.
Applications may also be sent by postal mail to the address shown on the last page of the application. Please ensure all supporting documentation, reference letters, transcripts, etc. are enclosed. Postal mailed applications must be received by 5 March 2022, so make sure to allow a couple of days for delivery.
Questions can be directed to the undersigned at Kevin.Deck@cadets.gc.ca or to my personal address KevinDeck@shaw.ca
Use this document for the Application.